HOW TO RIPEN AN AVOCADO IN ONLY 10 MINUTES
This trick will blow your mind!
Summer is near, and we love long barbecues with guacamole and avocado-salads. But it can be tricky to find a perfectly ripe avocado.
Either they are overripe and squashy or hard as a stone. If you're left with nothing but unripe avocados, you can speed up their ripening process within only 10 minutes. All you need is a little heat.
Like most fruits and vegetables, avocados ripen quickly when in a warm environment. So, if you need to take an avocado from brick to perfect in just one day, it's going to require turning up the temperature.
So, what do you need to know?
Just bake it!
Yes, seriously, you can bake it in the oven. And no, it won't get hot and squashy.
1. Wrap your avocado in enough tinfoil to cover it and make sure it's wrapped so that no air can escape.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°F.
3. Wrap the avocado in tinfoil, and place it on a baking sheet.
4. Pop the sheet in the oven for 10 minutes.
5. Et voilà! Your avocado is ready for any and every snack.
How does that work?
Just like other fruits, avocados emit ethylene gas, which is usually released slowly (causing the avocados to ripen over time) but when you wrap one in tinfoil and heat it up, you’ve trapped the gas and speed up the ripening process. Brilliant, isn’t it?