Genius Snack Idea: SWEET POTATO TOAST!
This new food trend will make you forget about bread forever.
For all toast lovers, non-bread eaters and paleo people: This new food trend will blow your mind! It doesn’t really require a recipe - all you need is a sweet potato, a toaster and some creativity (yes, you can toast sweet potatoes!).
More and more people are ditching gluten every day, so it’s really hard to believe that no one has thought of this before. Especially, since sweet potatoes have plenty to offer! They are gluten-free, full of fiber, high in vitamin A, vitamin B5, B6, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, and due to their orange color, they contain a lot of carotenoids. Plus, they're fat-free and have fewer calories than white potatoes. Any more questions? So here we go!
How to do it:
1. Slice a big sweet potato into toast like pieces (about 1/4 inch thick) and toast them.
2. But, toast them TWICE! It takes 2 rounds on highest temperature in the toaster to cook the sweet potato thoroughly in order to get the best results.
3. Finally spread your “toast“ with any topping you like. There is no end to your creativity!
Here are some great topping options:
• bruschetta (tomatoes/red onions/basil/salt/pepper)
• avocado/sea salt/pepper/tomato
• peanut butter/banana
What’s your favorite topping?