Homemade Protein Gummies - No Sugar added!
Are you looking for a healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth? Then you will love your homemade gummies, whether you want a little extra treat after a good workout or you’re looking to cure your cravings.
Did you know that gelatin is a fantastic source of protein, promotes a healthy thyroid function and is great for joint-health? Gelatin can help with strengthening bones, joints and fingernails as well as improving hair and skin quality. On top of that, it also stimulates collagen production and supports healthy bowel functions. If you don’t like gelatin or you’re avegetarian/vegan, you can use agar agar powder instead. It is the most common substitute for gelatin. To make vegan gummy bears, add 1 1/2 teaspoons of agar agar powder to 1 cup of liquid. Unlike gelatin, the agar mixture should be brought to a boil to set. One of the advantages of agar, apart from being plant-based, is the fact that it does not melt when stored outside of the fridge which makes it perfect to take with you for lunch.
What you will need for 100 gummies:
• 1/2 cup of your favorite berries (or a fresh fruit smoothie)
• 1 cup plain yogurt
• 2 scoops Women’s Best Slim Body Shake Strawberry or Women’s Best Whey Protein Vanilla
• stevia or honey
• 3 unflavored organic gelatin packets (7g each packet)
• 1 cup boiling water
1. First, puree your fruit in a blender.
2. Next, mix yogurt, Slim Body Shake and stevia or honey in a bowl until it’s smooth and even.
3. Once you’ve got these two things prepared, bring the water to a boil. Slowly whisk in 3 packets of unflavored gelatin with the boiling water until the gelatin is fully dissolved. Then, pour and whisk in your pureed fruit.
4. Finally, slowly pour the fruit/gelatin mixture into the yogurt/protein mixture and stir until it’s smooth.
5. Now pour the mixture into candy molds. If you don’t have molds, use ice cube trays instead. You will need a lot of candy molds since the recipe will make a 100 gummies.
6. Put your candy molds in the fridge and wait for an hour.
7. Now your gummies are ready! Remove them by gliding a cake lifter or butter knife behind them. Enjoy you homemade gummies!