Squats – The mother of all moves (Part 2)
Benefits of squats and why every girl should be doing it
Gain muscle, burn fat and improve your total-body health - there is actually an endless list of benefits of squats.
We show you more reasons why you should be doing these exercises, as a part of your fitness regime!
SQUATS FIGHT CELLULITE
The best way to reduce cellulite is through diet and muscle toning. We all know, squats can build muscle, but they also improve your blood circulation and a good circulation means that more nutrients and oxygen is getting to all the vital organs and muscles, throughout your body. Therefor, squats can help reduce cellulite when they are included as a part of an overall fitness and nutrition program. If you do squats regularly, you can say goodbye to cellulite.
SQUATS IMPROVE POSTURE
Squats are a great way to build better balance and improve your posture, because they can strengthen your back muscles. The balance that you need to do them will help you to sit, stand and walk straight and tall.
SQUATS LIFT YOUR BUTT
Last but not least: Squats are among the best exercises you can do to get a sexy butt. They target all of the gluteal muscles and work your legs as well. But remember: You need to rest in between squatting days because your muscles need time to repair. So ladies, let’s go and do some squats!
As you can see, there is almost an endless list of benefits of squats and these are only a few of them. Include it to your workout routine and you will see results pretty soon.
How to do it:
– Stand tall with your feet hip-width apart and your arms down by your side.
– Start to lower your body back as far as you can by pushing your hips back, bending your knees and pushing your body weight into your heels.
– As you are lowering into the squat, your arms will start to raise out in front of you for balance.
– Keep a neutral spine at all times and never let your knees go over your toes.
– The lower body should be parallel with the floor and your chest should be lifted at all times, not rounded. Go as deep as you can!
– Pause, then lift back up in a controlled movement to the starting position.
Repeat 10-12 times.