DIY MINERAL MAKE UP POWDER!
Create your own super healthy, non-toxic foundation powder!
This homemade powder is 100% natural, super inexpensive and makes your skin better as you wear it.
Why use natural makeup?
The human skin has the ability to absorb applied products into the bloodstream. That means, what you put on your skin ends up in your body. Therefore you have to be careful: Most makeup contains or toxic and harmful ingredients like preservatives, fragrances, parabens, paraffins, aluminum, artificial colors, formaldehyde and petroleum. Makeups which are labeled as “all natural” often still contain chemical ingredients. Time for a change! Are you ready to make you own make up powder?
What you need:
- Arrowroot flour/starch (your base)
- Pure and organic cocoa powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground ginger
- Bentonite clay
- Green clay
- Vitamin e oil
- Tea tree oil or jojoba oil
Recipe for light skin tone:
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour/starch
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp bentonite clay
- 1/4 tsp green clay
- 10 drops of vitamin e oil
- 10 drops of tee tree oil
1. Mix all ingredients in a non-metallic bowl (bentonite clay should not come in contact with metal).
2. Start with the arrowroot as your base. Add each ingredient an mix it thoroughly. Test it on your skin and add cocoa powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg until you reach your desired tone.
3. If you want a “compact” foundation, add some more oil to the mixture and press down into a compact.
4. Store your make up powder in a empty, clean make up container and use a dry sponge or brush to apply.
How to find your perfect color:
Test the color by placing a small amount on your face and add
- more cinnamon for warmer tones
- more bentonite clay for cooler tones
- more green clay for redness
- more arrowroot starch for lighter skin tones
- more cocoa powder for darker skin tones
- more nutmeg and ginger for an olive skin complexion