Why Sea Salt is the answer to your skin problems
Have you ever noticed that your skin gets much better when you spend time in the sea? Guess why!
Many people notice skin improvements whenever they are on vacation and go for a swim in the ocean. Even cuts, grazes, rashes, eczema and psoriasis heal faster. How is that possible?
Our bodies contain the same concentration of minerals and nutrients as sea water does. Amazing, isn’t it?
Therefore, it’s no surprise that sea salt is good for our health - especially for our skin. It is packed with skin-loving minerals like magnesium, calcium, and potassium. It absorbs the toxins in the body and on the surface of the skin, including acne-causing bacteria, and works to treat infections and speed up the healing process.
Benefits of sea salt:
• Sea salt can fight acne causing bacteria.
• It restores the skin’s natural pH balance.
• It detoxifies the body.
• It provides vitamins, minerals and nutrients that the skin needs to stay clear and healthy.
• Sea salt exfoliates to remove impurities that clog pores and promote new skin growth.
• It promotes blood circulation.
• It restores the skin’s natural oil balance.
• It can prevent skin infections.
Can you also use normal table salt?
No! The difference between sea salt and ordinary salt is the mineral content: Sea salt is loaded with important minerals like magnesium, calcium, sodium, and potassium, which all play a key role in our body’s health. Sea salt water straight from the ocean is one of the best ways to treat your skin, but for those of you who don’t live near the beach: Get yourself some high quality sea salt from the grocery store.
How to do it:
The common way to use sea salt as an acne treatment is to soak your face in sea salt water once a day for about a minute or two. Then rinse you face with water. You can also try these treatments:
Method 1: Sea Salt Spray
1. Mix sea salt with water.
2. Pour it in a spray bottle and spay it on your skin.
3. Massage in a circular motion for few minutes.
4. Rinse with water and pat dry.
5. Repeat daily for best results.
Method 2: Sea Salt Mask
1. Mix equal amounts of sea salt with water and make a paste.
2. Wash face with warm water to open the pores.
3. Apply paste on acne affected skin with fingers tips.
4. Massage gently in circular motion for few minutes.
5. Leave on for 15 minutes and rinse with warm water.
6. Again rinse with cool water to close the pores and pat dry.
7. Apply moisturizer and repeat twice a week.
Method 3: For pimples and spots
Make a thick paste of sea salt and water and dab it on pimples or individual spots. This dries them up and brings them to the surface more quickly. Let it sit for 15 minutes and rinse with water.