DIY Sugaring - How to make Your Own Sugar Wax at Home
Don’t waste your money on expensive spas or salons! We’ll tell you how to make your own hair removing sugar wax at home.
Ladies, summer is here and that means bikinis, shorts, and mini-skirts are our day to day wardrobe. So, it’s time to get on a regular hair removal regimen!
Sugaring is an easy and inexpensive way to remove unwanted hair. Many people confuse sugaring with Brazilian waxing but there are some differences: Unlike waxing, sugaring paste does not require the use of cloth strips, and is used at room temperature. Compared to traditional waxing, sugar waxing is less painful, softer to the skin and causes less irritation. It is 100% natural, leaves the skin very smooth, and its effect lasts much longer. The best thing about it: You can easily make your own sugar paste at home.
What you need:
– 1 cup of white sugar
– 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
– 2 tbsp of water
How to do it:
1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, stir gently and simmer over low heat.
2. Allow the mixture to thicken and turn into a golden-brown caramel shade.
3. Stir the mixture with a spoon, making sure the sugar crystals dissolve. Within a few minutes, it will thicken considerably and take on a syrupy consistency. Be careful not to let it burn.
4. As soon as the mixture turns into a darker brown, turn off the heat, and let the forming wax cool for a couple of minutes (the sugaring paste should be at body temperature). Do not use it hot!
5. Now your wax is ready. Sprinkle baby powder all over the area you want to wax. This helps the sugar stick to the hair.
6. Apply where desired and wait a few seconds to give it time to sink into the pores. This helps it to grip better. To remove it, use a flicking motion going in the same direction that the hair grows. Use a new piece of sugar when it stops feeling stretchy. The wax is totally reusable so stick the leftover portion in a storage container and put it in the fridge. 10 seconds in the microwave will be enough when you want to use it later.
7. Immediately after sugar waxing, wash the skin with warm water and apply a moisturizing and soothing lotion.