DIY Pore Strips for Blackhead Removal
Ever noticed those little ugly black dots on your nose? Stop squeezing and try this amazing home remedy instead!
First of all, what are blackheads? The small, dark spots on your skin are clogged pores filled with bacteria, dead cells and oil clumped together. The difference between a black head and a white head is simply whether or not the pore is open or closed. If the pore is open, the plug of skin cells oxidizes as it is in contact with the air, which turns it black. So in fact, blackheads are just pimples that don’t have skin over them. If you have some, you can remove them with expensive pore-clearing strips available at drugstores, or you can save your money by making your own pore strips at home with a few items from your household. Egg whites are great for temporarily tightening pores, thus reducing chances of future blackheads, and will also remove current blackheads. Egg whites are also rich in nutrients for your skin, and are a little less drying than some other home remedies for blackheads.
DIY pore strips:
What you need:
• Egg white
• paper towel
• small bowl
How to do it:
1. Remove any makeup and wash your face with warm water (warm water will open up your pores and will make it easier for the pore strip to attach to dirt inside the pores).
2. Separate the egg white from the yolk and put the egg white into a container.
3. Place a large piece of the paper towel in the bowl. The paper should be thoroughly soaked in egg white. Alternatively, you can use a makeup brush to spread the egg white directly on your face, stick the paper on the problem area, and then apply an additional layer of egg white on top.
4. Apply the paper with egg white on your nose or other problem areas. You can also use one large paper towel or piece of toilet paper to cover more of your face. This makes the process quicker and easier.
5. Allow the paper with egg white to harden on your face. It should harden, so that it sticks to your face. This might take about 10-20 minutes.
6. After 10-20 minutes, slowly remove the paper from your face. Start from the edge when peeling it off. Do not pull it off too quickly.
7. After removing the strips, rinse your face with cold water (in order to close your pores) and apply moisturizer.