Forget Botox, try FACE YOGA!
These exercises may look weird but are the new anti-ageing trend!
As you get older, facial muscles will naturally begin to lose elasticity and flexibility, which leads to wrinkles and a saggy appearance. Face yoga strengthens the 55 muscles of your face and is a great alternative to common anti-aging remedies. The techniques are also designed to stimulate collagen and elastin production in the middle layer of the skin, giving you a smoother, tighter-looking skin and a more radiant complexion. If you do it regularly, it can smooth wrinkles, lift eyes, reduce puffiness, tone cheeks, firm jawlines and create a healthy glow. Do the following exercises once or twice a day and you will see results faster than you think.
Good for: smooths the nasolabial fold lines and lifts the eyes and cheeks
1. Place both palms on your cheeks.
2. Push your hands up and down, lifting the sides of your face.
3. Open your mouth and make an “O” shape. Drop your jaw to make your face as long as possible.
4. Hold this pose for about 30 seconds. Repeat two more times.
Good for: tightens your forehead and horizontal forehead lines
1. Just place your hands on the outer edges of your forehead and apply pressure to smooth out the skin (imagine you are sweeping away your forehead wrinkles).
2. Now start to raise and lower your eyebrows. Don’t be afraid to apply firm pressure. You want to feel some resistance from the skin while you perform this exercise.
Good for: double-chin and saggy, loose skin on the neck.
1. Looking straight ahead, place the finger tips at the bottom of your neck and slightly stroke the skin downwards with the head tilted back.
2. Bring the head back down to the chest and repeat twice more.
3. Finally, jut the lower lip out as far as possible to pull the corners of the mouth down and place finger tips on the collarbone with the chin pointed upwards.
Show your tongue
Good for: puffy eyes, swollen face
1. Just place your hands on your temples and apply pressure to smooth out the skin.
2. Open your mouth as wide as possible and stick your tongue out as far as you can and hold this pose for about 60 seconds.
Good for: plump cheeks, fades away nasal labial folds
1. Smile wide displaying your teeth.
2. Gently press your finger tips on the crease between your nose and lips. Then lift your muscles up while pressing your fingertips down to apply little resistance. Repeat it at least 20 times.
Good for: Nasal labial folds, chubby cheeks
1. Fill up one of your cheeks with air and transfer the air from one cheek to another as you would do with mouthwash.
2. Continue it for 1 minute and relax. Repeat it 5 to 10 times at a stretch for best results.