How to Get Rid of That Annoying Double-Chin
You are not necessarily overweight if you have a double chin. Slim women could get a double chin as well due to genetics, water retention, bad eating habits or unhealthy lifestyle choices. A double chin could also began because of the lack of exercise. If you really want to get rid of a double chin stop eating too much crap, reduce body fat and follow these tips. You'll see a change soon!
# Do Chin Movements
Exercising your jaw and facial muscles helps to tighten your facial skin and fight the body fat that causes your double chin. At the front of our neck and under our chin is the platysma muscle. If this muscle begins to sag, it creates a double chin (also known as a turkey neck). These exercises tone the platysma muscle. Repeat regularly for best results.
– Open your mouth wide.
– Now try to pull your bottom lip towards your nose.
– Move your lower jaw up and down.
2. Roll your Head
– Another exercise involves gently turning your head clockwise and then anticlockwise, keeping your spine straight all the while.
3. Jaw Movement
– With an open mouth, move your lower jaw from right to left.
– Repeat at least 5 minutes daily for best results.
4. Say Vowels
– Pronounce vowels (A, E, I, O, and U) widely and loudly.
– Repeat 15 times daily for best results.
# Change your Sleeping Position
To further reduce puffiness and facial water retention, sleep on your back with your head slightly elevated. This position allows fluids to drain from your face. Use an extra pillow so that your head is at least a couple inches above your body.
# Chew Gum
Chewing gum is a good remedy for double chin (if caused by weak, sagging muscles) without any side effect. Chewing gum gives your jaw and facial muscles a workout and will tone your chin.
– Contour your face and use a powder (a shade darker than your skin) to enhance your jawline. This can honestly make it appear like you have a slim and slender chin.
– A medium hair cut that rests just below the chin will cover the problem best.
– Wear a broad, open neckline to draw attention away from the chin.
– Avoid wearing shirts and blouses with high necks or turtlenecks.
# Good Posture
Stop slouching! Posture plays a big role in reducing double chin. When you sit for long periods of time with your head down and your shoulders slumped forward, you are developing bad posture, losing flexibility and most importantly, the muscles in the front of your neck are weakening. This promotes a favorable environment for a double chin. While working or reading, always keep your head as straight as possible and try to sit or stand in a straight and comfortable position.
The face requires hydration to reduce double chin. Apply any recommended lotion or moisturizer on the neck for hydration and to reduce baggy skin.