Minimize pores, reduce swelling and slim your face!
Have you ever „iced“ your face? Cold therapy or skin icing has become a popular treatment for healthy and better looking skin. Maybe this is the secret skin trick we've missed so far. Give it a try!
WHAT IS SKIN ICING?
The idea behind it is pretty simple: by running an ice cube over your face you improve circulation in the skin. Coldness constricts the blood vessels so that less blood goes to the surface of the skin, which reduces any inflammation or swelling. The body responds by sending an increased flow of warm blood to the area.
This treatment can reduce swelling and will also minimize enlarged pores. In addition, icing reduces redness and puffiness under the eyes. It also tones the face, making it look smoother. Skin icing can ease the signs of wrinkles and slow the appearance of new wrinkles.
It also soothes irritated skin. Therefore, apply the skin icing technique once you notice a new pimple and it will slow down the inflammation. The cold helps reduce inflammation that has clogged the pores with swelling. By reducing the inflammation, the pores will get unclogged. This also helps keep the other pores from getting clogged, thereby reducing the appearance of new blemishes.
Skin icing also works great as a primer, when applied before makeup. It minimizes the pores underneath the makeup, and the foundation looks smooth and flawless
How to do it:
1. Cleanse and wash your face.
2. Take an ice cube and rub it all over your face and neck.
3. Move the ice cube gently with circular movements up along the chin and jaw line, up the cheeks, along the forehead and along the nose and take special care underneath the eyes.
4. Do this as long as you want, but stop if the cold becomes too uncomfortable. Be careful to not hold the ice cube on the skin too long, this does more harm than good.
5. If using the ice cube directly on the skin doesn't appeal to you, wrap the ice in a soft washcloth. You’ll get the same effects.
6. Complete this treatment with toner or moisturizer.
7. You can do this every morning/evening or every time after you wash and clean your face so that dirt and grime do not enter the pores, or before you go out in make-up.
Quick Tip: For additional skin benefits, you can infuse the water for the ice cubes with green tea, aloe vera gel, or other skin-improving ingredients.